Ashcroft risk management policy .. hopefully better than Tony Rapson's UK CAA 2018
1. Ashcroft is a diversion Airfield for light aircraft and will remain open SR to SS + 30
2. Ashcroft runways will be maintained to a reasonable standard .. when it is possible
3. Ashcroft follows Government guidelines but we will not 'police' aircraft movements
4. Ashcroft seeks no profit from CV. We will not be influenced by other Airfield policies
5. Pilots wishing to use Ashcroft may do so at their own discretion [PPR] iaw UK laws
Ashcroft requires everyone to 1.Record flights 2.Use standard radio calls 3.Act in a pleasant manner
Any pilots who find difficulty in complying with the above should use another Airfield - not Ashcroft
Camera to assess visibility. [auto demist 0800-1100] Visibility cam > Click-on
X No picture? Select "Tools" and "Compatibility View settings" click "Add" and "Close"
21.12.2018: Airfield CCTV security system ..now upgraded to a professional standard
Visiting Pilots see below [FFA - no charge]
Pilots be aware that you operate from Ashcroft at your own risk & discretion
Treat our Community, like your family. Aim to clear the eastern boundary road by 50 ft
Ashcroft has been a Diversion Airfield for 40 yrs .. LAC arrivals = expensive departures
Unleaded Petrol / Clubhouse / Gyro training
All Pilots welcome .. provided they have no connection with the Lancashire Aero Club
(1) Do you have recent experience of flying into 500m grass airstrips?
(2) If you are flying a non-microlight Aircraft, do you have more than 50 hours on type?
(3) What is .... the type of aircraft / REG / POB ...where are you coming from?
(4) Are you the Pilot in Command ..... do you need fuel and overnight parking?
This is an unlicensed Airfield. There is a 1,200kg MTOW limit, although (when the ground is firm) this limit can be exceeded in accordance with our policy on STOL <click
In the interests of reducing noise for the local Community, there is a 200Hp engine limit [10-15% flexibility for aircraft with 3 blade props and modified exhaust systems]. When permission is granted to use Ashcroft, then any use must be at your own risk & your own discretion. The use of Ashcroft is subject to the Air Navigation Order
We would like to point out, that whilst every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material on this website, it is the responsibility of the Pilot using Ashcroft Airfield, to take all reasonable steps (having regards to the performance of the aircraft that is being used) to ensure a safe take-off and landing at Ashcroft Airfield. Additionally, all persons entering onto Ashcroft Airfield property do so at their own risk.
Flying in to Ashcroft:
(1) PPR by telephone or email. Minimum of £250,000 third party insurance required.
(2) Joining procedures ('Circuits') are generally to the SW. Not below 800ft QFE.
(3) Transmit standard radio calls on 135.480 Mhz
(4) After landing please ensure you go up in to the Tower to Pay Fees and Book-in.
(5) Do not visit the Cottages by the Airfield (they are not associated with us).
Runway 31: Not drained and can be soft, mainly in Winter, affects Group A ops.
Runway 27: Drained surface. Approx 0.8% upslope when taking off to the west
Summer Warnings: Long grass outside the mown areas (about 'knee high').
Winter Warnings: RW27/09 is drained, try and use this runway if possible.
Airfield Security: Border Force [Manchester] last updated: December 2019
NB: All persons entering onto Ashcroft Airfield property should realise that these premises are continuously monitored by CCTV Cameras. Anyone acting suspiciously, should be reminded that we will endeavour to identify individuals who behave in a manner, not consistent with normal behaviour. We have a zero tolerance for abusive behaviour [see below]
Name Date Aircraft Type Registration Reason
Parish 07/05/12 C172 ----- Abusive Language
Leopold 2016 [hopefully not authorised to fly] Troll abuse
D Wilkinson 08/04/17 [Cheshire Flyer: now grounded] Personal Abuse
J Atherton Feb 2018 [hopefully not authorised to fly] Troll abuse
P F-Bennison 2015-19 Stinson HW-75 G-BMSA Troll abuse
Windsock Camera [available SR-SS] Hold down SHIFT button and > Click-on
[Username:ashcroft Password:camera then select 'Single'] Tower cam > Click-on